Is Pilates a good form of exercise to lose post pregnancy weight (just after 2 months of delivery)?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Apart from Yoga, Pilates is best 6 weeks and beyond postpartum. It would be ideal to do this with trained exercise teachers. According to this article from BabyCentre (http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1152/exercise-after-birth-six-weeks-and-beyond), having 30 minutes of Pilates, five times a week, helps moms achieve a more satisfying sleep, toned muscles, and proper breathing. HOWEVER, you have to check with your OB first before starting any exercise regimen especially if you've had any of the ff: caesarean section, pregnancy complications, hard time doing pelvic bone exercises, pelvic area pain, among others.

Read more

yes it is! gentle yoga like yin yoga is good as well as it strengthens your core! I've been attending prenatal yoga and then mom and baby yoga and I find them very good! mom and baby yoga allows you to bond with your baby while working out! now 9 months after delivery, I attend hot core yoga twice a week!

Read more