We initally thought our 3mo LO had a persistant cold (coughing & running nose). After a couple of mucus suctions & pd visits, pd concluded it was reflux instead and recommended we kept her upright or at least inclined 24-7 and for as long as possible (as there's no indication on how long reflux will continue for). Has anyone experienced this and how long did you do it for? In order to achieve that, she's strapped onto the bouncer for most of the day & I'm not sure if she's missing out on developing her trunk muscles... I do take her out for the occasional tummy time & her cough comes back even if she lays flat for a few minutes.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Reflux of milk or her saliva. My baby had similar issue when she was 2 mths old. So during milk time, we will prop her up higher and we don't feed her at a go. We had to had interval feeding so milk can go in. We brought her to TCM for baby massage and her appetite became better and she is able to lie down comfortably after 2 mths of massages.

Read more
8y trước

Thanks, seems to be reflux of the saliva... She drinks well and is able to finish 150ml within 10 mins and without any difficulty. We do prop her up during feeds & she remains upright for 30mins afterwards. Her coughing resumes if I place her flat (only for a few mins) 2 hours after her feeds. Just hoping this phase won't last too long!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-11660)

Maybe you can try babywearing her as well? This way, she can still get to observe her environment as she moves around with you. :)

Thành viên VIP

could it be GERD?