Maternity leave, when is it good to go back to work

I’m wondering if 2 months if enough maternity leave before I go back to work. I feel I’m the sort who can’t be cooped up at home too long. Was thinking of breaking up my ML 2 months den work 2 months den another 2 months ML. Fully intend to try expressing milk even at work too

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i feel bored too at home. but having a newborn is very tiring if you're breastfeeding and pumping. you'll be lacked of sleep and need time to adjust. every pregnancy is different. i just gave birth to my second last month (normal delivery), and I'm still adjusting, trying to find my momentum and energy back, but it's not that easy as compared to my first pregnancy. i felt like i rested more when i have my first born as compared to now. having the thought of going back to work when I'm still adjusting drags me. 😅 maybe, you can try take the full 16 weeks and if you feel like you can go back to work earlier, try talk to your hr or manager if they can accept you coming back from ML earlier and use the remaining days/weeks later? or you can propose the idea first and see what your hr/manager responds and then decide whether you want to take the full 16 weeks?

Read more