hair loss first trimester

I'm seven weeks pregnant and notice heavy hair loss ..is this common

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You may have heard that hair becomes thick and lustrous during pregnancy. This may be true for some women, thanks to high levels of the hormone estrogen, which slows hair shedding. Other moms-to-be, however, experience thinning hair or hair loss either during pregnancy or in the months immediately following birth. While concerning, hair loss is normal and can be caused by things like hormones, stress on the body, or medical conditions that accompany pregnancy.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Yes, it's normal due to hormonal changes. I dropped lesser hair in my third tri then the hair fall resumed postpartum.

Yes it happened to me.. It will be better after you give birth, just have to wait for the hormones to be balanced

Influencer của TAP

I experience hair lost during 2nd trimesters to end of pregnancy. But it start again 4th month after giving birth

Thành viên VIP

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/postnatal_hair_loss

Super Mom

Yes. Don’t comb your hair immediately after your bath. Give it some time to dry before gently combing

5y trước

Agree! Seems to be better than trying to brush it immediately.

Thành viên VIP

Same here.. i also find that it tangles more than last time..anybody encountered the same?

Not all experience it... could be change of hormones

Yes same i couldn't stand it that i cut my hair

many has it its very common so far m lucky