I'm planning to bring my girl to Korea. Anyone can share your experience how do you handle your child with long hour flights and do they cry during the take off and landing? Thank you in advance for sharing!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How old is your child? My friend is a frequent traveller and she brings her kids along with her. They are 4 years and 6 months respectively. For the older child, she distracts him with books and toys during takeoff. She would also explain to him beforehand what will happen in the plane (the sounds, the takeoff and landing) so he will anticipate it instead of get shocked by it. The plane ride is also one rare moment for him to be getting a lollipop treat as this helps with the ears popping during take off. After that, since they usually fly SQ, the flight attendants will, without fail, give her son a kids kit and this, along with the in flight entertainment system, keeps him occupied throughout. He's a seasoned flyer by now and barely sulks onboard. As for the younger child, she'll breastfeed the baby right after they are in their seats. The family usually gets a row of seats together so she can breastfeed discreetly, under the breastfeeding cover. She does it as the plane is taxiing as opposed to right before take off because the cabin gets pressurized then and breastfeeding will help with the ear popping situation. Like her son, she's lucky to have a baby that's pretty chill and calm despite being 6 months and travelling on a plane for the first time. Always bring extra clothes because accidents (food, diaper) onboard do happen and being prepared goes a long way.

Read more
8y trước

She will be 1 by August. Thank you for sharing.

I am a frequent traveller with my 19month old boy. Longest flight clocked 16 hours and also return flight. From my experience, usually they will tend to have a nap on the flight. Give your child a bottle or pacifier during take off and when the flight descents. Try to get you child a new toy or books to keep her entertained when she is not sleeping, last resort ipad.. Also prepare snacks and if your child is taking formula, remember to hand carry the milk powder and some extra clothes for baby. Baggage delays and lost do happen. Korea wont have the same milk brand. Remember to bring extra diapers and clothes for you and your baby on the flight incase you get your clothes dirty. Back up Medication for baby should also be hand carried, talk to the pediatrician about the medication.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

For take off and landing, have your baby drink milk from a bottle or for bigger toddlers or kids, let them chew gummies. The arm yourself with lots of toys to amuse your child. A favourite blanket can also help kid fall Asleep faster

Thành viên VIP

hello! i wrote about our trip to korea. i brought my 1yr old and my 6yr old https://ph.theasianparent.com/korea-travel-blog

Thành viên VIP

How old is your girl? Generally I feed milk at the take off and landing. Also pack lots of toys onboard.

8y trước

She will be 1 by August. Thank you for sharing.