Solid food

I'm a FTM.Can I ask if start on solids means milk intake will reduce? If my baby drink 700ml means there will a drop in milk intake or it should sustain 700ml.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

It depends! The first three months of baby led weaning my baby's milk intake was pretty constant. Before 12 months, the main source of food is still fully milk so the food is kinda experimental e.g. learning to chew, swallow, gag, hold etc. I think around her 9th month there was a little drop in milk but will fluctuate! During teething usually baby dont wanna eat much or growth spurts too so might go back to the usual milk. U will experience and trial error the volume of milk where necessary! Id say follow babys cue but u will do fine 💞

Read more
4mo trước

but baby already start to not drink alot.Sometimes refusing to drink hence I keen to start earlier than 6 months about 5 months plus.Now I'm worried what if she doesn't like solids then she will not drink and eat well.

It depends on your child intake. For me two times a day of solid, snacks in between and milk intake will be the same as per usual like example remain at 200ml. Example will be interval 3 hrs Milk Solid Milk Snack Solid Milk Milk

Read more

yes milk will reduce. if eat and give milk same time baby might throw up as too full. but u can still give milk if baby still not full so it really depends on baby.

My baby’s milk intake reduced

reduce milk