Sleepless night on 1st Trimester

I’m a first time mum, recently just found out that I’m pregnant. Everything is ok, just can’t sleep at night. Not sure whether mommies out there have the same experience at the beginning of your pregnancy.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I experienced the same thing too. Soon after I found out in first trimester, I started having problems sleeping at night, even though I wasn’t feeling any discomfort at all. I really had no idea why. It was very torturous. It’s getting slightly better now in my second trimester. Now I will wake up once in the middle of the night, but am usually able to fall back asleep, and clock about 6 hrs of sleep (in my first trimester I woke up so often and could not fall back asleep easily, that sometimes I only slept 2-3 hrs in total). I make up for my lack of sleep with short naps in the day now.

Read more

Hi mummy, ftm here too. Pregnancy turned my chaotic sleep schedule normal (I used to sleep at 5-6am till noon), when I found out I was pregnant… I’ll be in bed by 11 till next morning. Currently in third trimester… even tho I’m super sleepy, I need to constantly gasp for air and trying to get used to a very nice baby trying to break my ribs every night whenever I am preparing to sleep. 😂

Read more

ftm here too, about 7wks now. i cant sleep at night because i am constantly very nauseous and my normal reflex would fight the feeling to puke so i guess it makes it even harder to fall asleep. usually take 2-3hrs before i really fall asleep. then I still wake up very early like 8/9am no matter how late i sleep tho. so I'm always lethargic!!! 😩

Read more

I sleep like a pig slept too much more than 12 hours a day very hrs to make it to work. Guess there’s both sides to a spectrum.energy levels came back during second trim. It might change for u too

yup experienced the same thing as you during my first trimester. bloating and indigestion made it hard for me to sleep. dont eat too much for dinner & before bed time.

Totally normal! Wait till you reach third trimester... get readyyy for more sleepless night like me because you will be expecting breathless and pelvic pain etc

Same here.. at night can’t sleep, morning cannot wake up. 2mths later, I eventually resigned from my work coz I feel so freaking lethargic.