PCOS in pregnancy

I'm currently expecting my first child, and I've been diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). While I'm thrilled about the pregnancy, I can't help but feel anxious about how my condition might affect the baby's health. I've done some research, and it seems like there can be potential risks associated with PCOS during pregnancy, such as gestational diabetes, preterm birth, preeclampsia, and even autism???? I'm also concerned about the possibility of passing on any genetic factors related to PCOS to my baby. anyone has similar experience?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's completely normal to feel a bit anxious about how PCOS might affect your pregnancy, but rest assured, there are ways to manage potential risks. Firstly, it's great that you've done some research on PCOS and pregnancy. Being informed is key! Yes, there can be potential risks such as gestational diabetes, preterm birth, and preeclampsia, but with proper prenatal care, these risks can be minimized. Make sure to attend all your prenatal appointments and follow your doctor's recommendations. As for the concern about passing on genetic factors related to PCOS, it's understandable. While there is a genetic component to PCOS, it doesn't guarantee that your child will also have PCOS. However, it's always good to discuss this with a healthcare provider who can provide personalized information and guidance. It's important to remember that every pregnancy is different, and many women with PCOS go on to have healthy babies. Surround yourself with a supportive healthcare team and loved ones who can provide encouragement and assistance throughout your pregnancy journey. Lastly, don't hesitate to reach out to other moms who have had similar experiences. Sharing stories and tips can be incredibly helpful. You've got this, mama! Wishing you all the best for a healthy and smooth pregnancy. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I’m diagnosed with PCOS and too anxious about the health of my first baby so did a genetic scan. The result baby is all good. I don’t have gestational diabetes, baby was born week 40+. She doesn’t want to be out and I have to induce birth. Now she is health and strong 8 months old.

I have pcos since I was 23. Got pregnant with my first child 37years old. no GD and everything else also don’t have. Don’t worry. Even people with pcos may have autisim kid. Pcos is not really genetic problem but more of hormonal imbalance.

my gynae said I have PCOS too when I was pregnant. but I didn't have all the problems that you mentioned. my kid is 1 year+ now and healthy. don't worry too much, have a balanced diet and stay positive throughout this journey!

i have PCOS and just gave birth 1 month+ ago. mild GDM, and borderline pre-eclampsia. baby is induced at week 37 :) be safe and be strong!

Hi i have PCOS before pregnancy too. Currently week 29 and I passed the pre eclampsia and GD test. Dont worry so much☺️

Influencer của TAP

🙏💕

🤍

🤍

🤍