Weird taste of residues in my mouth

I’m already at my third trimester and I have this weird taste of residue in my mouth throughout my whole pregnancy. I asked my preggy friends and non of them have it. Is that what they refer as metallic taste? I enjoy eating still and always tend to eat more to just get rid of the taste in my mouth but it lasts 24 hours everyday. Any mummies feel the same way and does it go off after giving birth??? It’s so ew!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got the weird taste since the beginning which I attributed to morning sickness. It got better when my morning sickness went away but still there and annoying sometimes. To manage it, I tend to drink cold water as I feel it takes the taste away. You can also eat sugar free mint sweets, helps too. I totally understand what you mean by eating to get rid of the taste. Sometimes when I am full, I will still snack on something just to replace that ‘taste’. Brushing your teeth also helps. Not delivered yet but I suppose this will go away when giving birth. Am also in my third trimester. Almost there!!

Read more

Me too! Been having the weird taste since first trimester till now, second trimester. Though morning sickness is gone but I still can’t help but taste that weird taste while my other preggie friends don’t have. I’ve been eating and snacking to get rid of the taste but it’s only very much temporal. My Gynae said it’s normal cos pregnant. Anything else we can do?

Read more
Thành viên VIP

its the metallic taste. you can try brushing your tongue twice a day or after every meal and then sucking on a strong mint! drink lots of water too! it will fade away after giving birth :)

Omg same! Im constantly feeling/having that weird taste now at 2nd trimester 😭 nothing helps and works. 🤢

i’ve been having this too and i suck ice cubes or take fisherman’s friend to get rid of the taste!