Breastmilk

I’m about to be due soon, but heard many horror stories of insufficient breastmilk, is there anything I can do right now to get myself on track towards producing breastmilk after birth? I know fenugreek should only be eaten after birth..

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Anything to boost breastmilk should be done after delivery

Thành viên VIP

Drink lots of water Rest Latch n latch in e beginning

Thành viên VIP

The body signals milk-producing hormones to be released when the placenta detaches. Milk will come in but there are cases of insufficient breast milk. After my "horror story" of #1, I'm a strong advocate of "Fed is best", not "Breast milk is best". Back in 2016, noob mum here didn't realise i wasn't producing milk at all and baby was showing signs of dehydration by day 3. By then I didn't care about what freaking breastmilk already just feed my poor wailing baby formula. Milk only came in on day 6 despite latching and pumping until my nips bled and cracked. If I'd waited any longer, my baby would literally have starved to death. When you are in hospital, the nurses and your doctors will monitor you and baby, they will also have a lactation consultant visit you and/or parentcraft session to help familiarise you on how to latch and feed baby, change diapers etc. Latch often and regularly, every 2-3 hours is a guideline. Some babies feed more, others feed less. Don't stimulate your milk ducts now while you are pregnant as it can trigger early contractions. You should by now have noticed small openings in your that nipples, those are your milk ducts opening. You can try to gently scrape off any excess skin over the milk ducts so that milk can come out without obstruction.

Read more

Always relax. And drink lots of water

Thành viên VIP

Drink lots of water and soup

Thành viên VIP

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-increase-breast-milk-supply