Worried about C-section recovery

I'm 36 weeks and for certain reasons I'm told that a C-section is the preferred option for me. I'm worried about the recovery process as it's a major surgery. And how it'll affect moving around and breast feeding and caring for baby etc. Anyone have any experience with C-sections? I know everyone's recovery process is different. But just trying to understand more so I can come to a more informed decision next week. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

The first few days are the toughest as the pain just kicked in, getting up and walking was a big challenge. I stayed in hospital for 3 days and mostly stayed on bed except for toilet trips. The nurses were very helpful and would help you latch baby on your breast or with whatever you need so you don't need to move around much. They'd help with bathing baby as well. Breastfeeding for me was challenging at first since my milk only came in after 4-5 days and it was very small amount, but this could be true for natural delivery too. After about 4 days, my pain was quite manageable although still painful to walk. After 1-2 week it's mostly fine. I'd say it's a little tough but it will be over quickly, and the joy of caring for new baby will help you through the tough times. So don't worry, and have a pleasant delivery!

Read more
4y trước

Thank you so much for your reply. Feels a lot more reassuring. :)

try your best to move about and take the painkillers that they gave. I was up walking or limping on day 2, forced myself go drink lots of water and eat alot to pee and poop. make sure you try to walk more and recovery will be fast

4y trước

Thanks for your reply! Will try to be as active as possible!

Influencer của TAP

I had a csec at 36 weeks no issue recover in 4 months but on off will have slight pain. just rmb to apply dermatix ultra, cica and surgery binder. no issue with breastfeeding just abit hard to get up and down initially

Read more
4y trước

Thanks for your reply! I heard a lot about surgery binders too. Will go research more! :)