I'm 29 weeks pregnant and just did my Glucose tolerance test. Turns out I got 8.7, which is higher than the average score (diabetic is 11). what scores did u guys get? Did it turn into GD?

194 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't worry too much. Based in Singapore, I was also tested positive in my OGTT in week 24. Then I have to monitor my sugar blood 7times a day, twice a week. I did my check last Tue and showed the record of last one month to doctor. The doctor didn't say anything. Seems the numbers are good as my highest is 7.9 after 2hours of meal and lowest 4.0 before taking food. I also noticed the standard varies in different countries. Singapore is more strict as the sugar level of pregnant women should be 4.4-5.5 before meal and 5.5-6.6 after meal, while in China, the level for pregnant women below 8.5 is considered normal. So don't worry too much as the sugar level Will return to normal after delivering the baby. While what we meet to pay attention is that since we are prescribed as DGM during pregnancy, we have 70% more chance of getting type II diabetes in later life. We need to continue monitor our sugar blood and keep healthy diet even after giving birth. One friend of mine didn't pay much attention even though she monitored quite well during her pregnancy. Now she turned to type II diabetes just one year after she delivered.

Read more
3y trước

but no history will still get?