Any mums born with gastroschisis here?

I'm 28 weeks pregnant today and getting very nervous as I realised that I've entered the third trimester and baby can come soon or later. And furthermore I'm born with gastroschisis (its a birth defect where there is a hole in the abdominal wall beside the belly button. The baby's intestines, and sometimes other organs, are found outside of the baby's body, exiting through the hole.) Yeap I was born with it and even had a scar on my stomach since I was born. First thing that I'm worried of was about my baby bump, it looks like I'm 3-4 months pregnant when I'm actually in my 7th month. Not sure if this is normal or because of my gastroschisis scar. And the second thing I'm worried and afraid of was the delivery process. How will it be, can I give a normal delivery or can I deliver smoothly without getting an operation. I'm not worried about myself but about my firstborn. If there's any gastroschisis mummies here, would you care to share your experience. It will really help me and I will appreciate it so much :( #gastroschisis #1stimemom #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am not familiar with your condition, But a small belly is quite common among pregnant mums.