Hospitalization Leave

I’m 27 weeks right now and I have been experiencing backaches and swollen feet. My workplace is also really far from home and it’s getting really tiring for me to commute. Almost using up my MC entitlement as on some days, I really find it hard to get out of bed as my body always feels tired. Any idea if I can request for HL in my case? I’m a subsidized patient in KKH.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was a subsidised patient under KKH too and I was given HL at 37 weeks when I explained/broke down to the doctor about work. First doctor was reluctant to give me HL as she said only if you have a complication or condition that would grant you the HL or if you get hospitalised. But thankfully the doctor was understanding about my difficulties at work I.e conducting PE lessons with my huge tummy. But then i think 27 weeks is too early to give out HL so perhaps like what the other mums say, you should try request for wfh if possible! Hang it there!

Read more
3y trước

Yeah, i’m teaching too! So sometimes it gets really hard. ☹️ WFH might not be possible i guess? Really have to hang it there!