increase breastmilk

Im 2 wks pp. First week and a half, i latch on demand and gives formula. For the past few days, bby developed phlegm so i only latch and don't give formula. On top of direct latch, i pump 3 times a day at 12n, 4pm and 8pm. But my yield is only 15ml per breast. My diet wise since im on confinment, Breakfast is buisuits and milo, afternoon rice and milo, snack on fruits or bread and dinner only bread with milo. Ofc inbtwn i would drink mineral water , would finish atleast 3ltr of mineral water a day. But my breast milk is still very low. But bby sucks well when direct latch. Any one with experience to increase breastmilk?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After baby done latching I continued with pumping Breast milk is really a demand = supply The more the body thinks milk is demanded The more supply it will generate So by pumping after latching Body will think more demand is necessary It’s very very hard work But it works

Read more
5y trước

Does that mean i should pump even when no milk is coming out?

Thành viên VIP

Latch on every feed, pump out remaining after every feed. Drink papaya fish soup, and alot of water, like 1.5 or 2 litres a day. Thats my routine.. U can try :) also got some herbal for "more breast milk" but i never try b4, my mummies frd did, n lactation biscuits too

Thành viên VIP

After each direct latch, continue with pumping for at least 15 mins.. at the beginning you won't see much but it's ok.. after a few days or up to 1 weeks, you will see the difference

Include soup at least in one of the meals daily, eat more fish, drink red dates tea.. try australian recipe milo.

Thành viên VIP

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-increase-breast-milk-supply

Hi, Please increase the intake the green leafy vegetables in your diet

U need to pump at least once in the middle of the night as well.

Fenugreek, salmon, soup, pump in between latching on

Raw papaya!

Influencer của TAP

Vegitables