breast engorgement

hi im 2 weeks postpartum and my breast recently have been super tender and sore .. i feel chills and feel super unwell .... shuld i just conti pumping or go to the doc ? at first everything was fine but ever since i tried breastfeeding then went back to pumping coz baby was super unconfortamble w breastfeeding and all these pain started ..

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! Tbh there’s no much a doctor can do for you.. I am not sure if you engaged any confinement lady? If you do, you can check if she knows how to do postpartum breast massage (I know some do know how to do).. Or signup for postpartum massage? This is part of their deal. If you do not have any of e above, u can do some massage by yourself but before that u shld use warm compass like 5-10 mins den massage den back to your normal pumping/latch.. U may focus more on e engorged area and do not miss or late for each pumping otherwise it might be more painful..

Read more

massage while having warm shower or can use warm towel and massage... they said helps to loosen up the milk ducts that are stucked. After that pump and see how. after pump i will put a layer or cold cabbage leaf on my breast for an hr. And it really helps. All the best mummy!

Please see a doc soon as if seems like you have mastitis .