Newborn routine

Hi, ill be delivering in sept and wonder what is usually newborn’s daily routine through out the day, to prepare myself. From morning till night, what do they/ mummy do usually ? And do they sleep most of the time ? How long of a tummy time do they need and when is the best time to do tummy time? If they happen to sleep during feeding time, do we need to wake them up to feed or leave them to sleep. #firsttimemom #firstbaby

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hospital time (super shiok) is your last chance to enjoy alone time, to rot and to rest. If i can turn back time, i'll ask my husband dont come accompany me (go have his alone time). I'll ask my friends and relative dont visit me. Mummy: Pump/Latch every 3hr. Feed + change diaper every 3hr. Burp baby. Make baby sleep. If baby don't sleep, you have to accompany the baby. Feed+diaper+burp+wash bottle normally take ard 20mins+. Bath the baby. wake them up for feed. They need the nutrients to grow. in short, if you are lucky, you get to sleep 2.5hrs or less in between feed. Breastfeed/latching will consume more time thus more tiring. If you are doing confinement, things get harder too.

Read more