Protected sex post partum

I just went thru csect a month ago and not intending to get pregnant for atleast 2-3 years, cause aside from the safe age gap for csect, my labor was extremely traumatising. For protection im not sure if i should go on birth control pills or just use condoms. Im scared if ill still accidently get pregnant with protection. Any mummies managed to not get pregnant with just using condom? As im scared pills will mess up my hormones and the bad side effect. Or if you’re in birth control, with minimum side effect #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I know someone who got pregnant while using condom. It’s a 1% chance! My KK gynae prescribed me birth control pill called drosperinone (Slinda). She says it safe during breastfeeding. So far no side effects for me. With regards to breastfeeding, I unfortunately have had low supply since the beginning. Only started taking the pill around 8 weeks postpartum. One issue I have it’s the availability of this pill! I went to several GPs in my area and they all say they don’t carry the drug. So I have to travel all the way to KK just for it 😩 it’s really troublesome especially now that I am working

Read more

If you’re really afraid that condom is not effective, then you’ll need to consider other birth control options. If you head to the poly or doctor’s, they’ll share the successful % of each birth control options. You’ll need to weigh the side effects and what you really want to prevent. This options or decision is best to be discussed with your doctor perhaps? Each of us has different side effects from the same birth control options.

Read more

Getting pregnant is more difficult then it seems, just avoid the fertile week 👍🏻👍🏻

Or you could use condom but avoid the fertile period! Will be even lower chance