How much walking is safe?

I was feeling good at week 11 day 4 and tried to be a smart Alec, went for a walk in the park. About 2.2km then I had red bleeding(that is like real red and filled up probably 1 panty liner) in the evening. So I immediately had my progestrone insert and thank God the bleeding subsided. Went in to see my doc the next day, thank god all is good. Doctor didn't say much about the cause of bleeding and advice for me to avoid sex for the moment. Now I am really scare of going on a walk again. Any advice from mum to be out there? How else do u all exercise in the safe way?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

Hello mommy my doctor didn't encourage me to walk until certain week. Each pregnancy is different. Don't start walking long distance all of a sudden. You must progressively increase. Start with just 10 mins or 1 km and walk at a slow pace. It is just important to stay active doesn't mean u have to walk like doing a workout. Don't do any exercises now. Some mothers are advised not to walk or do any tiring activity and stay in bed rest throughout due to the nature of their pregnancy so try by walking short distance for a short time and see whether you got any problem if you are still bleeding better to go see your gynae and get clear advise/guidance. You can't be negligent at the same time no need to panic.

Read more

I had the same issue too! Week 12 or so I went KL and u know how big their shopping malls are. I literally walked a few KM everyday. Came back to SG and had blood clot bleeding. Quickly went to the doctor and doctor gave progesterone insert then schedule me to measure my birth canal. Turns out it’s a little shorter than norm so he suspect it could be the cause but couldn’t be sure. So he ask me to avoid walking too much everyday. Keep it within 15mins on flat ground then have a short break

Read more

Every pregnant mummy and baby is different. I walk and stand from start to end of my work from 1st to last trimester. And I am OK. This is my 2nd pregnancy. So far so good. So I guess it depends on the mummy. And also, if Doctor says to walk less (or more), it'd be best to listen to the doctor because they know your condition.

Read more

Apparently i was told cannot walk too much in first trim. I had the same issue previously because i didnt know as well. Shopped for whole day and end up wif a tear that took quite awhile to heal.

I was okay even to dance once a week… I think it depends on individuals… Better follow your gynae advise… He should know your condition better… Be safe and happy!!!

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Definitely no exercise for me for the first trimester. I had slow walks 10-20 minutes at a nearby park and that’s all. Most importantly to stabilise the pregnancy!