When will baby stop swaddle

I wanted to know how old will baby stop swaddling as my baby just 3 week but want to have a free hand and leg? Isit true if u never swaddle the baby will walk with leg apart(crooked walk) in future? #firsttimemom #firstbaby #thankyou

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hey mommy! congrats on yr newborn! I stopped swaddling my newborn as soon as I saw signs that he wanted to flip over. and yes , since newborn his hands are always out 😅 my 2nd one is turning 1 month and she also has her hands out eversince she's out , no matter how tight I swaddle she can navigate her way out. and no it's not true that it'll make their legs crooked if never swaddle. swaddling is just to make them feel comfortable to sleep as they're used to being inside , and also to lessen their startle reflex if I'm not mistaken. if you don't like the old swaddling method , can try the instant ones like sleep sack. 😅 at times I just unswaddle my newborn cause she prefers it that way and sleeps longer. all depends on the baby and yourself. do what works for you. ☺️

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Hi Siti Ain, I tried to swaddle my baby with different types of swaddle , the welcro one, normal muslin cloth, sleep sack type with zip but she didn't like any of those so we never swaddled her till 2 months old. After that we saw that she was moving her limbs a lot and getting disturbed in the middle of sleep. So we decided to swaddle using the velcro swaddle. We did for nearly 4-5 months. After that she didn't like her hands to be tied within swaddle. Here is a snapshot of a swaddle guide by age I found online..Hope it helps

Read more
Post reply image

my baby will cry murder if he's being swaddled. less thn a month, he's free from it. i place a buckwheat pillow on his tummy when he's asleep so he wont get shocked easily.. swaddling is more of making your baby feel safe, calming effect like th way he or she was in th womb before.. go Google on the pros and cons on swaddling.. dont stress.. its your baby. do whatever to make him feel comfortable. :)

Read more

I stop swaddling my baby around 2 months. No matter what kind of swaddle I tried she'll try to break her hands free 😅 I use a sleepsack instead cause her hands moving disturbs her sleep. Towards end of her 3 month we stop swaddling all together. She now sleeps with her hands out comfortably. Now she's 5 months, sometimes she'll turn and sleeps on her side.

Read more

Hi Siti, it depends too individual. Cause for myself I love to swaddle my baby so that they still feel like they are in my womb. And true enough my first born love swaddle and it last for good 8 months😅 Don’t worry so much, u do what’s best for u and baby.☺️

Depends if your baby likes to be swaddled or not. Mine hate being swaddled. And crooked walk is an old wives tale with no scientific evidence.

did not swaddle after discharge from hospital

Influencer của TAP

isnt exactly necessary..