Working mummies! Planning (want) to go back to work after maternity leave?

I want and plan to go back to work 8 weeks after I give birth (and use my remaining maternity leave for whenever my LO needs me). But all infant care near my area is full!!! 😭 Ah well, looks like will have to discuss abt the plan with hubby again... Working mummies! How are your plans for returning to work (or not) after maternity leave, and what did you do to mitigate the problems that blocked them?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took 8 weeks then took balance cleared a bit more days like 2x a week off when lo went to ifc then when he s settled I cleared all Fridays. Agreed with boss

I cannot even bear to leave my baby and it'd 6 months. I had that plan snd now I feel so bad leaving my son.

took 4 months maternity leave and during the 4months start looking for wfh opportunities

Influencer của TAP

how about infant care near ur work area or ur hubby's?

12mo trước

I thought about that too, but due to the nature of our work, and company situation, both of us do not have a permanent office (my office location has changed 4 times in 2 years), and half of the time we work from home and the other half go to office for scheduled and unscheduled meetings. Sometimes, we stay entire day, sometimes not. Therefore its difficult to schedule when to send my LO to ifc and when to bring it back home. If the IFC is near my house, I can send it there everyday, or whenever I need to go to office, and fetch it at the end of the day where me or my hubby is guaranteed to be home. Furthermore, my parents and my hubby's parents does not live too far, so in any emergency event, they can help take the LO home too. But since I live in a newly built estate, most residents here are young parents with young children 😭 not enough space here 😭