I'm 9 weeks pregnant but have some acne on my face.

I usually use facial product that contains salicylic acid to combat my acne. What should I use instead now? #mummywoes

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Azelaic acid is available over the pharmacist’s counter & it is safe for pregnancy. Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% & 5% can be used too but do discuss with your O&G first. If it is a really bad outbreak, you can use an antibiotic (Clindamycin) gel which will keep your acne at bay quickly, but it needs to be prescribed by a doctor. :)

Read more

I just continue with what I’m already using and do mask a lil more often. The pimple/outbreaks are all due to hormones. My face (forehead especially) was horrendous, until I gave birth.. not like overnight it will be gone but very soon you will have your clear skin back and even better maybe!!

You can try apply aloe vera gel... i use Jorubi aloe vera gel which you can get it from watson and guardian... try not to use products with salicylic acid...

Try using a clay mask U can directly dab the clay mask over the acne Can leave on for couple hours, wash and reapply I used innisfree volcanic mask Works

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I’m using The Ordinary’s Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% as a spot treatment for the hormonal acne. It’s really good! And safe for baby. 💪🏻

I use a mild cleanser and wash my face for a good 5mins in circular motion to ensure deep cleansing.

Leave it . Cos if it’s due to pregnancy hormone, no matter what you do, will appear again

I'm using organic papaya soap bar. Boxed all my cosmetics with salicylic acid aside.

3y trước

where to buy from ?

Super Mom

Use a mild cleanser (I use Simple brand) and pimple patch to spot treat

I just use pimple patch and hope it goes away 😣