Do you get to do ultrasound scan at every visit for Govt Private?

I am on subsidised govt route at SGH and I learnt today that I won't get to do ultrasound at every visit. There will be a detailed scan at week 20 and then will have to wait till week 32 to have the next ultrasound. In between even if you request, they will not agree. Just wondering if I switch to private govt, will I get to do ultrasound at every visit?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Switching to private care in Singapore usually means more frequent ultrasounds during pregnancy compared to subsidized government hospitals like SGH. Private clinics may offer more personalized care and allow for more ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy, especially if requested by the mother-to-be. It's common for private clinics to conduct ultrasounds at most prenatal visits to monitor the baby's growth and development closely. If you are considering switching to private care for more frequent ultrasound scans, it's advisable to consult with private clinics or hospitals directly to inquire about their specific policies and procedures regarding ultrasounds during pregnancy. Additionally, you may want to clarify any financial implications of moving from subsidized government care to private care. Ultimately, the decision to switch to private care for more ultrasound scans should be based on your individual preferences, needs, and financial considerations. It's important to choose the option that makes you feel most comfortable and confident throughout your pregnancy journey. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi Mom, i am under private doctor at gleneagles. The doctor was monitoring my baby using ultrasound since week 6 or after your HCG level above 6000 ml, as iam not in young age on my 1st pregnancy, doctor think is important for him to follow up. As an example on the week 6 when we can hear the baby heartbeat doctor start giving me baby aspirin to prevent preeclampsia. Since then we meet him once every 2wks to monitor the baby growth. On week 12 we have the detail scan and blood test for NIPT. After the result came out and everything fine the doctor decided to see us every month and to do ultrasound. I preferred to consult private doctor for my 1st pregnancy just for me to feel safe that i can see, hear my baby heartbeat, see if the baby development growth within normal range during ultrasound. Some of my friends that using private govt at NUH also have same experience. But best you ask the SGH itself as well. Hope this is helpfull 😊.

Read more

Im at SGH under subsided as well. I am at week 18, i have went for 3 visits, during first visit they only do a simple scan in the consultation room, then for the next 2 visits they did in the ultrasound suite. They didnt give me an option tho if i want to do the scanning in the suite or just in the consultation room cos the price was different… i mean like if it was just to check if my baby is ok, i would just prefer to do it in the consultation room instead of the ultrasound suite all the time… my upcoming appointment also they booked me for scanning again in the ultrasound suite.

Read more

Yup, for subsidised, you won’t even get ultra sounds after 32 weeks. I remember I have no idea how the baby was growing after 7th month… all the way until you deliver. You will not even get ultrasound even on the day just before you deliver so you won’t know how big of a baby you are trying to push out I only knew how big and heavy my baby is after I pushed out

Read more

Hihi, I'm with Parkway east hospital at 13 weeks now. So far I've been told every visit I get to meet baby on the ultrasound. It's one of the highlights of my visits always.

I actually check with SGH. They mentioned they cannot guarantee ultrasound scan for every visit even if I switch to private due to the number of patients they have.

Hi mama, technically if you're under private in govt hospitals, no issue for you to request for ultrasound every visit. Just ask~ if subsidised then likely no no~

i at sgh subsidised route. can request for ultrasound scan at every visit. so far every visit i ask them if i can see my baby 👶.

2mo trước

usually on the day itself. nt sure if its becos i am under the high risk clinic in SGH

Yes mummy! I’m with Govt private and my gynae do ultrasound for me every visit ♥️

Hi mummy, i was a private patient at KKH and did ultrasound for every visit.