Spotting during pregnancy week 6

I started spotting at mid week 5 and went for a prenatal checkup at kkh. Did an ultrasound, and everything looks good. Was prescribed some progesterone medicine for 2 weeks. It has been around 1 week and 3 days (currently 7 weeks pregnant) since I have taken the medicine, but I'm still having light pink, but mainly brown discharge. Does anyone have a similar experience and can advise what to do? Should I continue to monitor until I finish the dosage or head back for another visit to the gynae?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When's your next visit/scan? perhaps you can highlight to your gynae to see if need more medication or progesterone injection? my gynae told me first semester bleeding can't do much except to be on medications and reduce rigorous activities. when I had bleeding in my week 4, she prescribed me both oral medication and progesterone injection. it helped.

Read more
3mo trước

mine only lasted one night and I emergency called my gynae that night itself. she asked me to go to her clinic for progesterone injection next day and prescribed progesterone orally too. she mentioned first tri (was at week 4 then) can't do much except to be on progesterone and don't exert too much and pray for the best.

yup me too I spotting from 5 weeks until 7 weeks then it stopped after continuously taking the duphaston. if you're worried u can just walk in again to Urgent O&G unit that's what I did and they checked my cervix and all, did a scan for sanity.

I spotted quite often during my first trimester too.. and then I would panic and go back to my gyane the next day to check and baby was ok. I was prescribed hormones pills and injection too. do walk less if you can. I gave birth to my baby!

I'm exactly the same... finishing my 2 weeks in 3 days. I have my next appt scheduled this weekend. :( doc said was just old blood, and I have no pains / cramping. so I'm listing finishing the 2 weeks then check again.

My doc says it’s old blood and prolly an overworked body. Rest up!