I want to try normal delivery with epidural but I just saw the epidural needle is very thick and long. This is my 1st pregnancy and I am already having mental breakdown due to contraction & labour pains. I had nightmares everynight and cannot sleep from 2am to 6am daily! So seeing this thick needle makes me even more stressed and scary now. I am really scared of pain extremely. How do they administer into the spinal or epidural space? Is it going to be very painful when they insert into the spine? Any anesthesia to numb the spine area prior insertion of the epidural needle?

49 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

No need to stress. There will be anaesthesia given before epidural so you won’t feel the pain. Just think of happy thoughts with your baby. That will help you through this

If your contractions are painful, administering epidural is nothing to compare. So do not get epidural unless you hae felt slight pain that you feel you can't endure for long.

Dont stress out and dont worry too much. I had epidural 3x already and it was like a pinch, sure you can feel poking, my back arch a lil bit bit it is very torelable :)

I have the same thoughts as well, but when i went through the epidural its really a lifesaver and change😂 The insert of epidural is nothing compared w contraction

Pls consider an epidural. I took mine. The administration is ok, a few seconds of tingling sensation. Even with epidural, there was pain. I highly recommend it!!

8y trước

U meant there was pain at where or which part r u referring to??? I freaked out when u said there's pain using epidural.

blood test also i freak out, but when i was in so much labor pain, everything else can't think already. nothing is more painful then the contraction pain.

The labor pain is way way more painful. Epidural is ntg compared to the lbor pain. Trust me you wouldnt wna regret not taking the epidural.

I tell u the when u are having the contraction pain u wont bother about the epidural thickness alr u will just beg that they faster inject u😅

I am also worried sick i am just 4 mths but i dont know how to think abt labour i am so scared i cant take painnnn

At that moment with the contractions, you'll want the epidural despite the needle. It's a fast process anyway.