Need motivation

I am a sahm with primary level children and a baby. My elder mother is staying with me most of the time and she is recently diagnosed with FTD - Frontotemporal Dementia. At times, my mum behave like a kid where she wants attention and wanting things to go her way. There are times where it is chaotic with the kids, mum and baby. I feel like breaking down myself. Whenever i focus on the kids, she will start her attention seeking behaviour. I cant provide my 100% attention to her. She did join some elderly activity and when she reach home she would immediately would want to share her day. On good days i am able to focus. Otherwise, i feel like multiply myself to provide the attention to everyone ??? My husband do provide support for me but i do get overwhelmed with situations at times. Im worried that i may fall into depression.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally understand your situation. My father had frontotemporal / behavioural dementia too. He was Always saying and doing crazy things and it was extremely frustrating and depressing. You will definitely need a lot of help to cope with your mothers illness and to take care of your children. If you don’t have already it’s a good idea to hire a permanent helper who can at least Help you with household chores.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Oh dearrr... This is a lot to take in especially when you have a school going child and a baby, both requiring equal attention. Do you have siblings who can help out on certain days or get a part time helper? Maybe speak to your family members and let them know what you're going through. Take care!