How to reduce milk supply

I am returning to work soon and like to reduce my milk supply gradually. I have been increasing my pumping interval from 3 to 4 to 5 hrs (each 20mins/breast) for the last 5 days. My breasts is starting to clog and I worried it will cause mastitis. Can I take lechthin to remove these clog? How to reduce milk without getting clog and mastitis?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Cabbage leaf definitely helps, if you feel some lumps you can massage and hand express to remove the lumps. I think 20 min might be a bit long if you want to reduce supply, you can stop when you see the milk is not coming out or coming out very slowly. For me that only took less than 10 min

Influencer của TAP

you can just pump abit instead of clearing your boobs fully. this process will takes a few days and you might feel engorged. you're trying to send signal to your body to produce lesser milk.

4y trước

i am pumping abit every 5 to 6 hrs and my breasts are almost fully engored. do I continue this? when my milk is lesser, will the engorment subsides? I am using cold press to ease swelling.

putting cool cabbage leaves on breast before a bra.

Thành viên VIP

Sleep with cabbage leaves. :)