I am so piss off with my in law. Visit them today and they turn to my husband and say baby look exactly like you, and turn to me and say baby don't look like you at all. Wtf! Even if my baby don't look like me no need to tell me right in my face what. Seriously very annoying, feel like scolding back. I hold back and vent to my husband. They say why baby nv bring this and that? Why nv wear long pants? Why? Why? Why? Irritating to the max! I am a stay home mom, my in laws keep asking me why don't want work? Ask me to let my mother look after baby but my mother is working and they just ignore what I say. I holding back and I think I will give them back one day when I cannot hold anymore. Trying to be nice but end up what I get ? My husband nv care much but he say if I cannot take it just scold or say back. He will stand by me. But lucky I.not staying with them.

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feeling offended too becoz my in-law everything will said like their side. But I replied “my baby be himself not anyone else”. Then they not mentioned anymore.

Thành viên VIP

My FIL (70 yr old) always will say my LO looks like his mum (WAT??? Tat means look like my hubby's FAV grandma) hahahahahaha OLDER GENERATIONS nothing much to say

Normal lah, you can't control their mouth, either you keep quiet or you argue back in a nice sacarstic way. Remember don't turn things too hostile, no good for everyone=)

4y trước

Can also sacarstic back ask your in laws: "eh actually You both can also consider to quit, Or how abt you all quit together with my mother to take care of Baby lah? Since grandchildren everyone has a part to take care" Hope this helps😂

Influencer của TAP

not sure who comments about who looks like who more. it may even be me! i strongly believe that 相见容易,同住难 though.

Thành viên VIP

Chill! Oldies are like that. Try to ignore, if really cannot, I think is right to say back too. :)

Thành viên VIP

Aiyoh. Live and let live bah. You will outlive them. Grin and bear lor for harmony sake.

Thành viên VIP

Don't let those words or them affect you. Old people are forever like that!!

Thành viên VIP

is like that ... Just like TV drama... Old people tends to be like that..

Hug hug. Old ppl tend to be like that. I don't like to talk to my mil too

Probably can nicely tell them how you feel. You’re family after all.