I need some advice. I am currently unemployed and my husband is the only one working. I found out that I'm pregnant. This will be our first child so I am kind of financially worried as we do not know what to expect. Is monthly checkup and delivery really that expensive? Anybody can advise the approximate cost? Thanks.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Get a referral letter from Polyclinic to KKH. You can’t choose a specific doctor once you’re at KKH otherwise it will be considered as “private” fees already. You may choose to forego your appts and only go for 1st checkup then save up until you’re about 20+ weeks for your Glucose Test and then save up again towards your due date appts in third trimester so that doc can advise you which type of delivery is suitable for you based on baby’s position in your womb. Seek a Social Worker for help while you’re at KKH cause appts can range from $50-$200 depending on the tests you’re doing especially when it involves ultrasound and blood tests. After birth, you’re entitled to claim $900 worth of pre-delivery appt fees so I Guess that’s not so bad. You may also want to choose a non-air con ward to save more. I mean hey, we’re just gonna be there for a couple of days so I think don’t need so atas plus it’s still covid period so people won’t be able to visit much. I’d rather be that way so my baby won’t risk getting infected by visitors. That’s my opinion if you are really financially tight. Otherwise you can play around with your finances throughout the whole 9 months of pregnancy until you deliver safely. Oh oh, don’t forget to take your multi-vitamins especially folic acid during the first 3 months at least. Then doc will prescribe you with a different type which you can easily buy from Carousell for a much cheaper price. As for baby & Mummy stuffs, don’t be shy and ask for hand-me-downs or any new ones cause some mothers just want to give away their baby & mummy stuffs without asking for a fee. Start doing research on what you need and not want. Sign up online on various brand websites for free samples for diapers etc. Good luck and don’t worry so much! ❤️

Read more
4y trước

You may want to check with the admin staff at your hospital.