I have just found out that my wife is pregnant with our third baby. But we are not financially ready (both earn) to have another child. I am extremely anxious. What should I do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yeah, this is a little complex situation, as keeping a child or not is a big decision if not made wisely can haunt you throughout your life. I guess, you sit and talk to your wife and tell her about how you feel about it. Do not take any decision as whatever happens is going to be irrevocable. I think, two of you will unanaimously have to take a decision as how to go about the pregnancy. You talk to her first and see what is in her mind. Does she think that both of you can afford another child! You got to think it hard, as can you see the financial restraint just now, or see it changing for good in the times to come.

Read more

i will also suggest the same - speak to your wife and share your concern honestly. if you already have two happy and healthy kids it may be difficult to manage the financial aspect of having a third baby, especially if you did not plan this. in case your wife feels she wants to go ahead with the pregnancy, try and speak to her logically about the financial issues that may come up and how it can affect the two kids. if she is confident about things being alright, ask her if she has a plan that you too can work on. and yes, speak to the doc ASAP with her

Read more

i can understand your concerns here and the most important thing to do is to speak about it with your wife. i get her emotional angle on this too. it can be hard to think about an abortion, and many women are not able to go ahead with it. on the other hand, though you too may not be very happy about it, i understand your practical views. discuss your earning and financial responsibilities with her and see what she has to say. sorry but it is something only you two can really decide, no matter what we all have to say.

Read more

i would suggest that please talk to her immediately. i understand your point completely, and i can understand the other point too, in case she thinks differently from what you are suggesting. since you have just found out about the pregnancy, i am assuming your wife is not too advanced in her pregnancy. you should immediately speak to her and share your concerns, as they are a practical point to think about. also, talk to her about discussing this with the gynae and see what your wife says about it.

Read more

Government has subsidies for lower income households. Please keep the child and seek out the subsidies you can get.

This is a decision that you both need to take mutually. Consult a gynecologist if you don't want this baby.