Couple problems

I am nearing week 36 of pregnancy and I get emotional. Recently my husband got reunited with an old schoolmate and they chat all day and night using voice note. I do overhear their conversations and it's really just normal chatting. But somehow I can't help but feel uncomfortable that he's chatting from morning to midnight 2am with the girl. I know I shouldn't be petty over this, and he also explained that she's just a friend and there won't be any other relationship between them. But I just feel that his time for me has been taken away somehow because he replies so quickly to the girl, sometimes even ignoring what I am saying when we're having dinner or small talks. #advicepls #coupleissues #marriage #trust

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This situation happened to me once, except that it was my hub and his colleague. Call me sensitive but I believe nowadays everyone started out with a Hi? We don’t just randomly see someone for the first time and have a kid (not referring to anyone). My husband can show me a black face but when talking to his colleague, can smile like he see $1M when texting. When that colleague fetches us (she drives) to his company gathering, he will sit infront and totally forgot about my existence at the back. When I talk, he just ignores me and continues to find topic to talk to her. What I did was I told my husband how I feel about the situation and explained to him my concerns. I asked him : “You may tell me you are someone who don’t and won’t cheat, but what if 5 years down the road if this situation continues, one day you just tell me I’m sorry I think I’m in love with her. Then what you want me to do? Are you very sure you won’t?” I didn’t force him to cut off that particular colleague, I just told him to think about it. Since it’s no longer about the two of us now..

Read more
2y trước

There’s no such thing as thinking a wife is cool with accepting their husbands talking to an opposite gender all day all night. At the very least for me, it is not very appropriate. If I’m not interested in you, you’ll probably think I own a pager because you’ll only get a reply when I ‘remember’ to reply. Keep voicing out to him again and again, some guys are just really slow 😅 If he calls you petty again, tell him… The day I stop being petty over these, is the day you should start worrying. I bothered because I still care.