Will cough for pregnancy affectd baby?

I m 7 weeks pregnant and having cough. Will this affect the baby? Any medication that i can take to stop the cough?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was coughing at week 10 through to week 12, seen the GP twice and it didn't work with the prospan they gave. Then I went for my gynae appointment and told her I've been coughing and she prescribed me cough syrup, and my cough cleared quickly. The Gynae knows it better.

Thành viên VIP

Not really. Please don’t self medicate. U should try hot honey lemon water to soothe your cough and drink plenty of water as well. If it still persists, please see doctor to get pregnancy safe medication.

Usually wen im cough i go see gp near by... They give me prospan for cough mixture coz it ivy leave its n non drowniess... It's safe

Consult doc. I had bad cough and was prescribed with cough syrup by gynae. Only take prescribed meds safe for pregnancy.

Super Mom

Don’t self medicate. Go see a gp and tell them U are preg. They will prescribe u pregnancy safe medicine

No coughing won’t affect the baby. Please see doctor and request for pregnancy safe medication

Thành viên VIP

Nope it won't. But pls let ur gp know that u are pregnant

2y trước

what is gp?

Thành viên VIP

it will affect the baby only if u take medication

Dont self medicate. Go to GP instead

Go see gp and get recover soon