I look at other dads and I feel inadequate. I

I look at other dads and I feel inadequate. I lost my job 3 months ago, and my baby just came last month. We are depending on my wife's income right now. I hate being a stay at home dad, but what else can I do? Please suggest things I can do (while applying for jobs) to get my mind off the entrapment I feel.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Really awesome advice provided by others. Remember that this is just a temporary phase. Since you are already applying for jobs, sooner or later you will get one. In the mean time, focus on your baby and on the positives of being a stay at home dad. Believe me, you will have so many memories to cherish in the future that not many dads can ever have. Taking care of baby is a full time job as others have already mentioned but if you still feel incomplete -> Try enrolling in an online course for something you always wanted to learn. This might even help you in landing a new job. -> Try picking up a hobby depending on your interest, may be music or cooking or painting Hope my advice helps!! Good luck and be positive :)

Read more