Is it ok to sleep on the right side?

I know sleeping on the left is better but would it harm the baby to sleep on the right?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sleeping on your right side during pregnancy is generally considered safe. While it's often recommended to sleep on your left side because it can improve blood flow to your growing baby and uterus, sleeping on your right side shouldn't harm your baby. The most crucial aspect is finding a comfortable sleeping position that allows you to rest well. If you find it more comfortable to sleep on your right side, go ahead. You can always switch sides throughout the night if you feel any discomfort. Some pregnant women even find relief by placing a pillow between their knees or under their abdomen to support their bump. Remember, getting enough rest during pregnancy is essential for both you and your baby's health. If you have any concerns about your sleeping position or pregnancy, it's always best to consult with your healthcare provider for personalized advice. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Should be fine. Based on what I read, you can sleep on your left, right or even on your back. Your body knows when you need to turn (by waking up every single time in the middle of the night). Whenever I wake up and I'm on my back, I turn to either left or right. The next morning, baby is still so actively kicking making sure to tell you s/he is alright in your womb. But it usually depends where your placenta is planted also. Tho to make sure, just sleep either left or right.

Read more

I slept on my right side exclusively throughout the whole pregnancy and baby is fine, don't worry too much about it.

Yes I asked my gynae and she said it’s okay to sleep on the right. Just don’t sleep on your back.

yes I slept on my right occasionally when I was still pregnant. baby turned out fine.

It is actually better to sleep on your side rather than your back during pregnancy.

Should be fine, so long not to sleep on your back. But either sides should be ok

Either is ok but left is better for blood flow from the heart to the womb

Influencer của TAP

i switch ard