isit true?

I heard from other mummies to not start solid until baby can sit up on his own (even if baby is 6m old alr) isit true?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

As long as baby can sit with good neck control, you can start. I think sit 'with support' means baby can already sit in a booster seat or when you can put her in a sitting position. My baby could sit around 5.5months so westarted solids. But she did not sit up on her own till 7.5months

Thành viên VIP

It’s better but doesn’t mean you can’t start feeding your lo some purée at this point. More importantly is that your lo can support his/her neck to avoid choking hazards. You can start with tiny amounts first.

I think good neck control is the key rather than sitting up on his own - was advised by my PD that i can start feeding bubs solids because baby’s neck is strong during 4m jab. You can check with your PD to be sure!

Influencer của TAP

Was told to start only when baby able to sit up even for 5 sec also counted. And you need to get chair to help support if baby is not stable yet.

you must train your bb to sit up already try the bumbu chair or gradually train bb to sit with cushion supporting the back

Hi, Yes it is recommended but you can also start giving solids if the baby is trying to sit on booster seats etc.

Super Mom

As long as baby can sit up with support in the high chair and you buckle baby in safely, you can start.

If bb can sit on the baby booster seat, or stroller with back support, I think is fine

Thành viên VIP

We went slow and gave bits of puree for him when he was 6 months..

Super Mom

Yes, it's better this way :)