Suffering from high GDM

Hi , i have been taking oats with low fat milk almost everyday just becuz of having GDM. Mine can be very high before and after meal @ (8.9 sometimes 11) so worried but i still take some of the daily cuts for protein food. Hope my condition will not affect my baby.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

My daily food intake: I would recommend for an extreme strict diet when I was diagnosed with GDM. Drinks: Plain water HL milk No sugar soy milk Ayataka Yin Hao Dessert: Half an apple (1 serving) Milk popsical made of HL milk Laughing cow cheese + 2pcs of Hupseng Wholemeal biscuits Max 1pc of toasted Low GI bread spread with diabetic-friendly peanut butter Food: Soupy food. Please avoid fish soup although its always advertised as healthy option but most stalls soaked their fish with starch for a better texture. Ideal soupy food are: - Yong Tau Foo (max 1 fried option) with dong fen - Self cook soup with chicken stock (half cube per serving) with lots of veggies for fibre and salmon fish for omega. Or shredded chicken breast meat. - Self cook soup with Low GI noodles (available in NTUC fair price etc) I avoided brown rice. I cut off most of all the carbs as possible and completely no sweet stuffs. - Western Food chicken chop NO GRAVY AT ALL Opt for healthy sides like garden veggies or mushrooms or corn on cob (eat half only) My results from the initial ogtt test after consuming the syrup 2 hours later was 13mmol. Fasting ogtt test was 7.8mmol During my extreme strict diet, dropped to fasting result average 5.4mmol, after meals 6.7mmol I did daily pregnancy cardio workouts involving of squats, kickboxing etc all the way till week 37 of pregnancy (1 week before my scheduled delivery) Due to maintaining of healthy diet and exercises, my baby girl was born at a healthy weight of 3.2kg and I only gained 3-4kg throughout my whole pregnant. Now I'm weighing 7kg lesser than before I was pregnant at 2 months PP now. Initially I was required for insulin due to my crazily high ogtt results. Then my gynae told me to maintain my diet and exercise. Ended up not required to insulin and meds. S Strictly on diet control and exercise only. Hope this motivates you

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Take brown rice and it’s still important to consume meat to have protein nourishment for the fetus. Having boiled chicken or pork meat using natural flavouring instead of those normal seasoning helps to control the blood sugar level as well.

My gynae suggested me to drink Soya milk (no sugar) instead. Probably you can try that too. I am drinking Nutri-soy no sugar.

Drink more water and dun consume high sugar level fruits

Super Mom

Drink more water and avoid high sugar food or fruits

Thành viên VIP

Drink more plain water. Eat less white rice/bread