Low supply mom

Hi, I had delivered my daughter since 2 months and I have trouble in breast feeding. My milk supply ever since delivered till now is 20-40ml add together for both boobs. I do pumping and my girl don’t latch at all. I have tried a lot of food and supplements but didn’t help at all. I have seen my gynae and not able to provide me any of the medication for breastfeeding. Have any mummies out there have the same issues as me? I’m so depressed.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I was in the same situation. And I can understand your frustration. 20-40ml is like so awkward, want to store also hard isn't it?! Oh and I had painful clogged ducts too, I nearly gave up bf-ing. But it has been more than half a year and I'm still exclusively bf-ing! In my 5th week I was getting max 20ml from each breast after 30 mins of pumping. I got a Lactation Consultant and basically her solution is that I should keep latching, and my breasts will learn to supply what my baby demands. Now, I can pump 150-210ml each time. Not sure if it was the latching that helped. I also drank a lot more water than usual and ate Legendairy supplements. It'll get better :)

Read more

Drinking milk and taking Legendiary supplements and more regular pumping helped me a little. I am low supply as well but I just store them in the fridge to give my baby one to two feeds per day after accumulating is better than nothing. Also make sure your pump suction is strong enough and you're using correct flange size.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Hello there! Firstly, don’t be too stressed up. Breast milk or formula, as long as the baby is well fed, they are all the same. Stress would reduce your supply too. So try to take it slow, and relax. Apart from gynae, have you tried looking for a lactation consultant? They would be more helpful. All the best!

Read more

hi! are u using the correct flange size n pump suction? as it can affect output very much. how often n how long do u pump each time? maybe u can try power pumping once or twice a day?

Thành viên VIP

The lactation cookies work well … most importantly don’t be stressed

Thành viên VIP

Did u try lactation massage?