Which weeks in pregnancy to visit gynae?

Hello! As I am going through this pregnancy alone, I would like to be able to save as much as I can, visit as little as possible, and only visit for those important weeks needed because I am a single mother. This is my first pregnancy and I would like to know when is the weeks I need to take note to go visit the gynae. I visited when I was 7 weeks pregnant. I am currently 11 weeks nearly 12 weeks. Please advice and tell me the important weeks I should visit the gynae. Thank you!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All pre natal visits ARE IMPORTANT. Not for you but for your growing fetus. Even if there is no ultrasound, your gynae will still use the doppler to hear your fetus' heartbeat. You will still need to do the glucose test & the blood test and gynae will start to measure your belly for baby's fundal height & do vaginal swab test when you're in the late 3rd trimester so yes, do make sure to attend all appts. Even if you don't attend, they will still give you a new date. By the way, which hospital are you going? If you're in NUH, all bills will be billed to your home address except for the 1st ultrasound. So you don't need to worry to fork out cash on the spot. There is always financial help. You can ask the hospital staff and they will be glad to assist you. All the best!

Read more
3y trước

Truly understand but best is not to avoid any of the appointments as they are very important for your baby's growth. Do ask around about the financial aid at KKH. All the best to you and baby! Take care!