First time mom and feeling overwhelmed

I just gave birth and I feel stressed about taking care of a newborn alone when my hubby went back to work. I really don't know what to do if the baby cries, or feels sick or other things that might happen. I have attended a talk on how to do basic care for a baby but I still feel not so confident. My friends who have kids told me I will learn along the way and get used to the routine of taking care of a newborn and maternal instincts will kick in. But I am not so sure and feeling worried that I can't give the best care to my newborn baby. Please help 😭#FTM #advicepls #firstbaby #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i dont know if i have any good advise for you but i can tell you i went through the same thing with my first one. after my confinement nanny left on 28th day, i was mostly alone with baby. lack of sleep and having no one to help was terrible. for me, i also had low milk supply so i chose to stop breastfeeding and that helped free up some time for me to rest. once hubby was home, he took over so i could shower and nap. it didnt make the days any easier but having someone around in the evenings was what i looked forward to. i survived and once baby was 2 months, he went straight to infant care. i never really got the hang of looking after baby and things only got better when baby was 4 months old. i think that had alot to do with baby showing alot more affection to me and i started to reciprocate.

Read more