First time mom and feeling overwhelmed

I just gave birth and I feel stressed about taking care of a newborn alone when my hubby went back to work. I really don't know what to do if the baby cries, or feels sick or other things that might happen. I have attended a talk on how to do basic care for a baby but I still feel not so confident. My friends who have kids told me I will learn along the way and get used to the routine of taking care of a newborn and maternal instincts will kick in. But I am not so sure and feeling worried that I can't give the best care to my newborn baby. Please help 😭#FTM #advicepls #firstbaby #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i dont know if i have any good advise for you but i can tell you i went through the same thing with my first one. after my confinement nanny left on 28th day, i was mostly alone with baby. lack of sleep and having no one to help was terrible. for me, i also had low milk supply so i chose to stop breastfeeding and that helped free up some time for me to rest. once hubby was home, he took over so i could shower and nap. it didnt make the days any easier but having someone around in the evenings was what i looked forward to. i survived and once baby was 2 months, he went straight to infant care. i never really got the hang of looking after baby and things only got better when baby was 4 months old. i think that had alot to do with baby showing alot more affection to me and i started to reciprocate.

Read more

FTM here too. My lil one is 9 days old and I share the same worries as you. Feeling anxioud and stressed that I cannot cope when the nanny leaves and when the husband return to work. all i am telling myself is to take one step at a time. so that my worries dont overwhelmed me.. we are all new at this and just doing our best for our lil one press on. you are not alone.

Read more
9mo trước

thank you 😊