Life changes

I don't know if it's just me, but I felt like my social life changes after being a mom. I rarely hang out with my friends due to financial issues, and they all kind of fade away except for some who still asks me out. And I also realise that I have no one to really talk to. I don't know who to share my thoughts with. My MIL is taking care of my baby and he's in Malaysia...I miss him a lot. I really envy mummies who hangs out with friends with their kids...I'm missing out a lot...#latenightthoughts

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Every mummy will face this kind of moment soon as you are married and have kids. Just keep the circle of friends small. If you are in SG and baby in ML, you can spend time with those friends that are still available for you to hang out together. You can perhaps set aside some $ on salary day once every two month for you to have me time or be with friends. Share your rant, up down with your closest colleague or friend or someone you trust. Mind you ever since I am married with kids I dont spend time with friends. Unless really needed. Because I can be free but not them or vice versa. Or I can initiate plan but they back off or not interested. Sometimes they can tell me they are busy but they are actually free. I only spend quality time with my spouse, kids and family. And once awhile my friends from overseas that use work with me they come down to SG to have a few days spent together. Because of them making effort and always text eventhough we are miles apart, I appreciate that kind of friendship.

Read more

It must be tough to be away from your baby. When you have a baby, a lot of things change. Every family situation is also different. Perhaps you can think of it this way, that you're working hard for your baby to give him a better future. You can also set some goals like saving up to bring your baby for an overseas trip at the end of the year or to return to malaysia every 2 months to visit baby. give yourself something to look forward to.

Read more

cherish the friends who still bother to ask u out! can spend more time with them, even if u are financially strapped, u can meet them at budget places like kopitiam, dont need to always meet at fancy cafes. for those who fade away, let them go, everyone is going thru different seasons in life, friends will always come and go. friendship takes effort to maintain. u can also join some mommy groups online to share your thoughts.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

i m friendless now... just family