unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there. congratulations on the pregnancy! i know its always easier to worry about things and think about the worse during times like this. ive been there and i got by because i surrounded myself with people who reassured me that things will be fine. that the most important thing right now is for you and the baby to be safe and healthy. i hope you get to enjoy the wonderful pregnancy journey ahead of you, you are fortunate to have a husband who's responsible and supportive. pls dont think of it as a burden, you are a team and each day is an opportunity to figure out how to make things work. i wish you all the best and pls know that you have a support system in our community here as well :)

Read more