Brown discharge at 6 weeks pregnancy

Hi, I am 6 weeks and few days pregnant and I see brownish discharge on and off when I go to restroom. No bleeding but just the discharge. No heavy cramps and no pain but just minor abdominal cramps on and off. Is this normal? Anyone has experienced this? Share your experiences please. I had a scan day before yesterday and baby was fine and had a heartbeat. Doctor even gave me Duphston but I still see mild brown discharge on and off. Is it normal ? #1stimemom #advicepls #pregnancy

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same experience when I was at 6 weeks and was put on Duphaston. When my brown discharge didn't clear up, my dosage increase to 2 tabs 3 times a day and that works. At about 12 weeks the brown discharge returned even with increased dosage and when I went to gynae to check I had BV that causes the brown discharge 😅. I think if your brown discharge does not clear up and you are on 1 tab, you probably can talk to your gynae to see if it needs to be increased. Or to do a swap to check there's no vaginal infection.

Read more
2y trước

I actually had brown discharge for 3 days straight too and decide to drop by O&G as I did mine via IVF and the first didn’t go well. So the doctor did a swab and found out I had BV.