Brown discharge at 6 weeks pregnancy

Hi, I am 6 weeks and few days pregnant and I see brownish discharge on and off when I go to restroom. No bleeding but just the discharge. No heavy cramps and no pain but just minor abdominal cramps on and off. Is this normal? Anyone has experienced this? Share your experiences please. I had a scan day before yesterday and baby was fine and had a heartbeat. Doctor even gave me Duphston but I still see mild brown discharge on and off. Is it normal ? #1stimemom #advicepls #pregnancy

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same experience when I was at 6 weeks and was put on Duphaston. When my brown discharge didn't clear up, my dosage increase to 2 tabs 3 times a day and that works. At about 12 weeks the brown discharge returned even with increased dosage and when I went to gynae to check I had BV that causes the brown discharge 😅. I think if your brown discharge does not clear up and you are on 1 tab, you probably can talk to your gynae to see if it needs to be increased. Or to do a swap to check there's no vaginal infection.

Read more
2y trước

I actually had brown discharge for 3 days straight too and decide to drop by O&G as I did mine via IVF and the first didn’t go well. So the doctor did a swab and found out I had BV.

For first trimester, especially in the beginning, it’s not uncommon to have some implantation spotting and cramping due to the uterus changing. If you have just seen your doctor and she’s aware of these symptoms and isn’t concerned, u are fine. If u still feel concerned, u could call your gynae for peace of mind. ❤️

Read more
2y trước

I have troubles my gynae way too many times for this and they have increased me Duphston dose as well but I still get on and off very less brown discharge I am now just going to be positive and wait till the next scan but good to know that these discharges happen

I would think it would be good to check with your gynae again so that he or she can prescribe some hormone pills to support your pregnancy. That was what my gynae did when I had it at 6weeks plus too.

2y trước

Did the discharge stop for you after taking the hormones pills? How much time did it take for the discharge to stop?