My hubby suggested that we have a second one next year when my LO is 3 years old. (1) Is 3 years a good age gap? I am already struggling to take care of my LO now. I can't imagine to have a second one. :p (2) How do you all manage to cope with two kids with such an age gap, considering the first one is still quite young? My LO is quite needy now. (3) My hubby suggested to send my LO to childcare and hire a maid when the second one comes along. I am afraid my LO will feel neglected if that happens. How do you ensure that you give fair share of love and care to both kids?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. 3-4 years is a good age gap. 2. Your first at 2 years old will of course be needy at this age. But they say when he's 3 or 4, he will start to be more sensible and easier to take care of. At least, he can communicate and understand you better so you can educate him about his sibling better. 3. I'm a mother of 2 and I admit there is some neglect, in the way that the first now gets half your attention, and the second already gets only the other half from birth. I make it a point to put both together and do activities with both together as much as I can. Sometimes, I spend time with the first alone to make up for the lesser attention. Don't worry! I think having a sibling is always better for the obvious and usual reasons. It will be hard on you in the first few years, but it will pay off when they are older and you will be glad you made the right choice. 😊

Read more