Daughter’s privacy when changing diaper

How do you tell your mother in law that it is inappropriate for her to be changing my daughter’s diaper in front of the male members in the family? My husband even said that we want to change her diaper in the room but my mother in law insist for it to be changed in the living room where everyone is. It doesn’t help that my husband GRANDFATHER AND FATHER look at her being changed?!?! I truly believe my daughter’s private part shouldn’t be seen by males. It’s very frustrating?! Not the first time. Gosh.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’ve been thru the same situation except that it’s my grandma which is easier for my case. I told my dad to leave the room when I wanna change my daughter’s diapers and my grandma told me “aiya you think too much” and I’m like no, please go out. I feel that guys on the other hand should auto abit without the need of anyone telling them to do so, my fil will turn away or leave us alone when he sees me getting diapers. If it’s me, if I already repeated myself so many times, I will just cut the crap, take baby and go into the room. I really can’t be bothered if you’re angsty or unhappy compared to me trying to protect my own baby. Just because she is young doesn’t mean she has to change infront of everyone right.

Read more

Take your child and leave the living room. Lock the door and change her. If MIL gets angry, tell your FIL and GFIL that you don't think it's appropriate to change your daughter's diaper in front of them, and hope that if it happens, they will turn away on their own accord and not watch. If they still don't get it, I'll not leave the daughter alone with them anymore, and always be there when they're visiting.

Read more

If you’re uncomfortable with it, just bring your baby to another room to change the diapers instead of 1) expecting the male audience to 自动 or 2) being on the sidelines feeling uncomfortable on the inside.

Best that either you or your husband do the changing yourself since your mil won't be listening to both of you. Better than being mad at her and other male family members

Dont let her change the diaper. If she insist on changing outside, just take your baby, bring to another room. Have to be stern

Influencer của TAP

dont bother telling... just do it... ur child, ur decision