4 Các câu trả lời

Hi, Some studies say that instead of pushing the child not to do that one must ignore it and distract the child and let it go with time. In many kids, the habit just goes on its own. I am 38, now, but as a kid I, too, used to suck thumb, and I left abruptly when one day my mum said that your front teeth will come out like a shovel...;p and that very day I left thumb sucking. I know not all kids are so conscious about looking good at such young age, and in that case you can perhaps, distract them when they do that. Kids understand logic better, so talk to them and tell them that it is not good as all the germs will go inside their tummy, etc. http://childrensmd.org/browse-by-age-group/toddler-pre-school/thumb-sucking-and-finger-sucking-11-ways-to-break-the-habit-without-breaking-your-budget/

Thank you so much!😊

Hi Maricor, It would be a time taking process and you perhaps can begin by keeping your baby engaged in things. If he a few months old, then all you can do is, keep taking his thumb out of his mouth whenever he puts it in. If he is about an year or so, you can tell him no repeatedly when he does that. You can may be apply some cream on his thumb, so that he doesn't put it in his mouth. You can clap for him when he takes out his thumb form his mouth. This will make him feel good and he would do it often for your appreciation. You can also give him a little treat for not doing so.

Thank you so much! 😊

Just remove your baby's hand from his mouth every time he does it. Don't get tired until he eventually stops doing it.

Whenever you see your baby sucks his thumb, pull it away. Do it continuously and he'll get use to not sucking it.

Câu hỏi liên quan

Câu hỏi phổ biến

Những bài viết liên quan