How do you multiply ♥️ instead of dividing love between your children when a new bundle of joy is coming?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I brought elder one for my prenatal checkups, introduced her to no.2 during ultrascans. Constantly included no.2 in our conversations eg. 'Oh, next time you can read for your sibling.' 'In future, there's someone to play Lego with you' When the baby arrived, I will get the elder to help me hold the milk bottle for baby while feeding him. while changing baby diaper, I will get the elder to bring me the diaper and we kinda change the baby's diaper together. We get her involved in almost everything and now she dotes on the baby a lot. She will tell me the baby poop when she smells it, she will come running to me telling me that the baby is crying etc. She doesn't feels that our love for her is being divided, in fact she loved the younger one more.

Read more

it just happens naturally in most cases, and if you feel that you want to create that bond and work towards it, you will have to try and involve your older one in most of the activities you are doing in preparation for the new one. for instance, i used to take my older one to all the doctor visits as well as tests, and she could see the baby growing inside me for herself. i also told her that she was going to be a big sister and there would be her little baby to play with. she immediately fell in love with the new baby after delivery. i would let her sit with me when i would breastfeed and we would read books together or i would read out to her.

Read more

Few things i do: 1) teach the older siblings how to take care of the newborn, meaning i consciously involve all the children in my daily life and not just focusing on the baby. 2) spend time as a whole family as much as we can (playing,read book,holiday) 3) look at the old pictures and tell stories of the older children about their own birth/first step/first words etc.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4761)

I don't know if love can be multiplied. I honestly struggle trying to love both my boys. I know it may sound of out this world. but it is real and what's happening. I guess we can only let nature takes it course.