How long should you wait before you try for a second baby ?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The truth is, there is no right or wrong time to have a second baby. Every family situation is unique. What is right for other mummies may not be right for you. Some say it's even harder than deciding whether to have a first child. You are not just talking about having a baby, you are talking about changing a family. With each new child, you have to think about how the baby will affect your lifestyle, finances, work, relationships, and, of course, your other child. My sister and I are 3 years apart. We always fight when we are younger, just cannot get along well. We get jealous of each other very frequently but now that we are older, things got way better. I find it easy to talk to her as our age gap is not that big of a difference. My youngest brother and I are 8 years apart. I am much older but I understand him better and able to care for him better. Definitely a great help to my mother. Despite having such a big age gap, we can get along really well. Only flaw is that we don't talk as much as compared to my sister. Now that I am an adult, having my own family, I had my second baby when my elder one is 5 years old. I find it easier to manage as he is old enough to understand things. He helps to take his little brother clothes, helps to throw diapers and those simple tasks. Put off the idea of having a second child early as it will be really difficult to cope with two kids. I foresee that it will be extremely busy and hectic.

Read more