How long csect gets managable

How long will csection incision and pain get better ? To the point you dont have to rely on painkiller. Is it normal the first day its super painful you cannot even move literally bedridden. And usually the first few days do you sleep lay flat or your upoer half body slightly elevated #firstbaby #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh the first day (day of operation) is the more comfortable one, at least to me. The second day where you have to walk, is more challenging but with painkillers and moving slower than a tortoise, it’s still manageable 😂 I slept flat on my back and turned to the side and got up with the help of the hospital bed, just raise the bed and let it do all the work for you. By the time I got home, I’m able to walk up and down the stairs. My wound didn’t sting or bleed. Can’t recall when did I stop taking painkillers, maybe on the second week? It’s not as horrible as you think.

Read more

I stopped painkillers after week 2 (day 15 onwards). First day shouldn’t be that painful cos you will still be on epidural and it won’t wear off so quickly. + the won’t let you down the bed on the first day. I slept on my side and back, elevated when I was in the hospital and just flat down when I was back home. Overall it wasn’t pain pain, it was just ache kind of pain. Not as bad as it seems really. And I have 0 pain tolerance. I only cried when they were injecting the epidural cos that was painful for me.

Read more